This code has been approved by Global Procurement Services Board of Directors on 21 December 2020.
AS AN EMPLOYEE OR STAKHOLDER OR PARTNER, I WILL;
1. ENHANCE AND PROTECT THE STANDING OF THE ORGANISATION, BY:
- Never engaging in conduct, either professional or personal, which would bring the organisation into disrepute
- Not accepting inducements or gifts (other than any declared gifts of nominal value which have been sanctioned by my employer)
- Not allowing offers of hospitality or those with vested interests to influence, or be perceived to influence, my business decisions
- Being aware that my behavior outside my working life may have an effect on how I am perceived as a professional.
2.MAINTAIN THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF INTEGRITY IN ALL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS, BY:
- Rejecting any business practice which might reasonably be deemed improper
- Never using my authority or position for my own financial gain
- Declaring to my line manager any personal interest that might affect, or be seen by others to affect, my impartiality in decision making
- Ensuring that the information I give in the course of my work is accurate and not misleading
- Never breaching the confidentiality of information I receive in a professional capacity
- Striving for genuine, fair and transparent competition
- Being truthful about my skills, experience and qualifications
3.PROMOTE THE ERADICATION OF UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES, BY:
- Fostering awareness of human rights, fraud and corruption issues in all my business relationships
- Responsibly managing any business relationships where unethical practices may come to light, and taking appropriate action to report and remedy them
- Undertaking due diligence on appropriate supplier relationships in relation to forced labour (modern slavery) and other human rights abuses, fraud and corruption
- Continually developing my knowledge of forced labor (modern slavery), human rights, fraud and corruption issues, and applying this in my professional life.
4.ENHANCE THE PROFICIENCY AND STATURE OF THE PROFESSION, BY:
- Continually developing and applying knowledge to increase my personal skills
and those of Global Procurement Services and Partners
- Fostering the highest standards of professional competence amongst those for whom I am responsible
- Optimizing the responsible use of resources which I have influence over for
the benefit of my organization.
5.ENSURE FULL COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS, BY
- Adhering to the laws of the countries in which my organisation operates, and in countries where there is no relevant law in place I will apply the standards inherent in this Code
- Fulfilling agreed contractual obligations
- Following GPS Policy, Procedures and Guidance on professional practice.
HOW TO USE THIS CODE
Employees and Partners of Global Procurement Services worldwide are required to uphold this code and to seek commitment to it by all the parties they engage with in their professional practice.
They should encourage their business partners to adopt an ethical business policy based on the principles of this code and raise any matter of concern relating to business ethics at an appropriate level within their organisation.
Individual and corporate’ conduct will be judged against the code and any breach may lead to action under the disciplinary rules set out in the Organization’s Disciplinary Charter. Members are expected to assist any investigation by the organisation in the event of a complaint being made against them.